Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pink Loves Blurb! 39/365

Day #39.... July 1, 2009


I just published my first Blurb book called Zoo Safari which is a collection of pictures I have taken at Brookfield Zoo. Pink was excited to see my book and of course his favorite part was of the big cats! Probably so he could size them up! Should I remind him that he is actually just a TINY panther? Nah... I'll let him keep on believing he is as large as a real Panther!


I would love to make this Pink Panther series into a Blurb book, but I don't know if I would get into some kind of trouble because I am sure there is some protection on the Pink Panther. I wouldn't even try to sell it. I just want it for myself so I can see my progression in photography over the year and keep my whole project together. Since my original intention of this project was to improve my photography. The books turn out great! I am soooo happy with mine and I couldn't stop looking at it when I first got it!! (Neither could Pink!) Anyone know any information about whether or not I could publish a book on this series?


Zoo Safari By Kristin Earl Book Preview

**UPDATE**


I contacted Blurb to see if I could publish my Pink Panther series and they said that they do not monitor what books they process, they would only take legal action if a 3rd party had a problem later. They also cited a buch of legal mumbo jumbo that went straight over my head....So that means Pink will have his very own book!!! I probably won't sell it just in case I am not able to do it. I will have to research it. Plus, the book is going to be HUGE with 365 photos so the cost to cover the book alone would be probably way too much for anyone to buy. Besides me of course since I want to keep this whole project together and track the progression of my photography skills. Yay! Now I have to start designing it so I don't have to spend so much time once I hit #365!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment